AREA RUG CARE
Basic Rug Care
Most people have at least one rug in their home, which is usually a big investment. However, many people do not know how to probably care for rugs so that they remain in great shape and look as vibrant and clean as the first day you got them. Here are our best tips on how to care for your rugs.
- Maintaining All Rugs: All rugs should be vacuumed regularly to prevent dirt and dust build up. Be sure to use the correct setting on your vacuum that is appropriate for the length of the rug fibers.
- Cleaning Small Rugs : If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting.
- Cleaning Larger Rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Chem-Dry Four Seasons technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning.
- Rugs with Fringe : Area rugs with fringe require special technique in order to vacuum. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Chem-Dry Four Seasons to learn more.
Call Today For A Free Price Quote!
(425) 778-2141 or (360) 657-3800
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Snohomish County, including: Everett, Mukilteo, Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Edmonds, Brier, North Bothell, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Arlington, Snohomish, Mountlake Terrace, Monroe, Granite Falls and Camano Island, Washington.