Do you know the contaminants pets bring into your home and the negative effect it can have on your health? Luckily, it’s easier than you might think to protect your home and clean urine from your carpet while still keeping your beloved pet as part of the family!
Today we’ll be talking about what pets bring into your home, how these contaminants affect your health, and the solutions available like Chem-Dry Four Season’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment. By the end of this post, you’ll better know how to continue loving your pet while maintaining a clean and healthy home!
What Pets Bring into Your Home
In addition to love and companionship, pets bring a variety of contaminants into our homes. Here are a few examples:
- Saliva containing a minimum of 20 species of bacteria
- Allergy-causing dander
- Fleas and Ticks
The Effect Pet Urine & Contaminants Have on Your Health
Here are some of the many ways pet urine and these other contaminants impact your health:
- Skin Infections
- Decreased air quality
- More severe asthma
- Stomach illness
The following infographic further describes the points made above. Stick around, helpful solutions are coming up next!
Ways to Protect and Clean Carpet with Pets
Now that we’ve outlined the negative affect pets can have in your home, here are several positive solutions to help you have a healthy home while enjoying the pet your love!
- Regularly bathe your pet. This removes dirt, allergens, and bacteria from their fur or hair, preventing it from settling into your carpet and upholstery.
- Clean urine stains immediately. Stains are more difficult to remove if you leave them to absorb deep into your carpet. Instead, clean urine stains quickly to better the chances of removing it completely.
- Place doormats at entry ways. This will collect some of the water and dirt from your pet’s paws.
- Professionally clean your carpets every 3-6 months. Vacuuming alone is not enough to disinfect your carpet. Professional cleanings are essential to completely remove pet stains, odor, and other harmful contaminants.
Remove Pet Urine From Your Carpet with Chem-Dry Four Seasons
Chem-Dry Four Seasons offers a signature P.U.R.T.® Pet Urine Removal Treatment, specifically designed to break down pet urine and odor causing components. Your carpet will look and smell brand new again!