STAIN REMOVAL TIPS
Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! It is not unusual for carpets to be have a staub-resistance treatment. This means that if you act quickly you can remove many stains. Stains ususally become permanent because the spill sits on your carpet too long. Don’t forget that no carpet is completely stain-proof–there are many things tha can influence the probability of stain removal or stain permanence.
2. Blot liquids! Make sure you use something dry and white to blot at a liquid. Sometheing like an absorbent cloth or white paper towel (no prints) works best.
3. Do not scrub the area! Keep blotting with a dry, white cloth or paper towel until there is no more moisture. If you start to scrub the spot on your carpet it may lead to pile distoration. If the spill is semi-solid use a rounded spoon to scrape the area gently. If the spill is more solid, take the time to break up and vacuum it up first. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent! Just to be safe, make sure you choose a hidden piece of carpet to test your spot removal agent. You want to make sure that your carpet fiber or dye is not ruined by added several drops to a testing area. Hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds and see how your carpet reacts. If there is any type of change, color chane, or damage, find another cleaning solution.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots.
Call Or Text Today For A Free Price Quote!
(425) 778-2141 or (360) 657-3800
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Snohomish County, including: Everett, Mukilteo, Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Edmonds, Brier, North Bothell, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Arlington, Snohomish, Mountlake Terrace, Monroe, Granite Falls and Camano Island, Washington.
Call or Text: (425) 778-2141
Call or Text: (360) 657-3800
Mon-Sat: 8:00am - 7:00pm;
Sun: 9:00am - 3:00pm
*Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of the Chem-Dry HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction) and P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment). Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite matter. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Figures are an average across multiple tests.